Dear Past Participants, Volunteers and Officials,
Following early discussions with Nigel Preston and John Stafford and further extensive discussions with Nigel, the Human Powered Grand Prix in Wonthaggi will continue in 2020.
- The 23rd edition of the Wonthaggi Human Powered Grand Prix will take place on Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd of March 2020.
- The unique and iconic 1.4km Grand Prix Track with remain.
- The Event Director will be Nigel Preston, with the support of John Stafford, with a soon-to-be-formed local volunteer committee from the Wonthaggi area.
- The inclusion of Design & Construction judging and scoring will continue.
- This event will not form part of the Victorian HPV Series, nor be formally connected to the Energy Breakthrough in 2020.
- Vehicle Specifications and Trial Regulations will be based on those of the 2019 Energy Breakthrough.
- Entries from Primary and Secondary schools, as well as Community Teams are welcome to participate.
- Lead Scrutineer will be the experienced, Tim White of Bendigo.
- The event organisers reserve the right not to run the event if we receive a minimum of 75 entries.
- Entries will be $440 (inc GST) per team.
- Entries will open in early November 2019.
- Further details will be revealed in the near future, including details of key Officials involved.
Want to get involved?
Next year the event will continue to be run as it has in the past and hopefully it will continue to develop in the future.
Thank you all for your support over the years.
Ewan Cole Nigel Preston
Race Secretary Event Director
1997 – 2019 2020